Best film in the 30th Blue Dragon Film Awards on Wednesday went to "Mother - 2009" directed by Bong Joon-ho. The ceremony was held at the KBS Hall in Seoul.
"Mother - 2009" tells the story of a mother whose son is wrongly indicted for murder and who struggles to hunt down the real killer. The film was invited to this year's Cannes International Film Festival for the Un Certain Regard section.
JK Youn, who directed "Haeundae", received the award for the film that drew the biggest audience. "I would like to say thank you to every one of those 11.53 million people who watched my film", he said in accepting the prize.
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- Do not post sexist, racist, homophobic or other hateful and discriminatory content.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be moderated or erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in warnings followed by blacklisting upon non-compliance.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$0.99 monthly or US$7.99 yearly (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.