DMZ Docs 2011 closes with Tiniest Place top winner
The festival wrapped Sept. 28 with a screening of the international competition top award winner, The Tiniest Place. Directed by Tatiana HUEZO, the Mexican film won the White Goose Award which comes with KW15 million and the honor of screening as the festival's Closing Film.
Running for seven days, the documentary film festival was held primarily in around Paju City, led by co-festival directors Cho Jae-hyun and YOO Ji-tae. DMZ Docs 2011 screened 100 films from 30 countries with a focus on works that dealt with the concepts of peace, life and communication, as befitting a festival founded around the border between North and South Korea.
Tokyo Filmex to screen four Korean films
KIM Ki-duk's Un Certain Regard winner "ARIRANG - Movie" will be the fest's Opening Film. It has also selected amongst its Competition titles PARK Jung-bum's Rotterdam winner "The Journals of Musan", JUHN Jai-hong's "Poongsan", and Heo Jong-ho's "Countdown", which also screened at this year's Toronto film festival (Sept 8-18).
The 12th Tokyo Filmex will run Nov 19-27 with ten films in competition.
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- Do not post sexist, racist, homophobic or other hateful and discriminatory content.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be moderated or erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in warnings followed by blacklisting upon non-compliance.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.