Directed by Choi Sang-jin (최상진)
Screenplay by Park Mi-kyeong (박미경)88min | Release date in South Korea : 2017/06/06
Lee Sam-heon has wanted to become a ballet dancer ever since he saw a black and white ballet performance on TV.
However, his dream is discouraged due to the 1980 May Gwangju Massacre. Lee Sam-heon dances on the streets instead of rioting. Lee Sam-hyeon, who has been expressing the generation's hardships for over 30 years, is the reduction of Korean modern history which has been mixed with denial and injustice. He is also the portrait of us who don't have the chance to spread our wings properly due to the raging waves.
"Dancer In The Wind" which is about a young man who dreams of being a ballerino but becomes a dancer in the wind, is the desire of Koreans in the modern day history and the freedom they can't let go.
Watch NowOn DramaFever if available
Celebrity Recommendation Part 6
Celebrity Recommendation Part 5
Celebrity Recommendation Part 4
Celebrity Recommendation Part 3
Celebrity Recommendation Part 2
Bae Jong-ok's 'Dances with the Wind'
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- Do not post sexist, racist, homophobic or other hateful and discriminatory content.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be moderated or erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in warnings followed by blacklisting upon non-compliance.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.