A poster for Bong Joon-ho's upcoming film "Okja" was displayed on the Facebook page of the film's producer, Netflix, on Saturday. Its cast includes Korean actress Ahn Seo-hyun and Hollywood stars Tilda Swinton, Paul Dano and Jake Gyllenhaal.
The film follows the story of a little girl living in a mountain village who risks everything to rescue her best friend -- a massive, genetically modified pig named Okja who has been kidnapped by a multinational company.
Bong and the leading cast members will attend a press conference, red carpet event and gala screening of the film at the festival on Friday.
Netflix invested W60 billion in "Okja", which was co-produced by Brad Pitt's Plan B Entertainment (US$1=W1,130).
The film will be given a brief theatrical release here in June.
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- Do not post sexist, racist, homophobic or other hateful and discriminatory content.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be moderated or erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in warnings followed by blacklisting upon non-compliance.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.