A teaser image of Bong Joon-ho's upcoming film "Okja" was released by U.S. video-streaming provider Netflix on Tuesday. The image features Tilda Swinton and Giancarlo Esposito on location in New York.
Netflix is investing US$50 million into the Korean director's film, which is being co-produced by Brad Pitt's Plan B Entertainment.
The film follows a story of a little girl named Mija, who risks everything to prevent a multi-national company from kidnapping her best friend named Okja -- a massive, genetically modified pig.
"Okja is massive but kind and docile", Bong said in an interview. "Okja and Mija's fantastic, adventurous journey breaking through the monstrous world will fascinate viewers".
The film will be released in 2017 on Netflix and also in a limited theatrical run in the U.S.
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- Do not post sexist, racist, homophobic or other hateful and discriminatory content.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be moderated or erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in warnings followed by blacklisting upon non-compliance.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.