"Okja", which was produced with funding from U.S. video-streaming provider Netflix, has been the subject of much pre-release buzz due to its cast, which includes Hollywood stars Tilda Swinton and Jake Gyllenhaal. The much-hyped film tells the story of a young girl who sets out to rescue her best friend Okja -- a massive, genetically modified pig.
"Okja" is Bong's fourth film to be shown at Cannes, but his first to compete for an award.
It will also be interesting to see whether Hong's "The Day After - 2017", which stars his lover Kim Min-hee, can repeat the success of the director's "On the Beach at Night Alone", for which Kim won the Silver Bear for best actress at the Berlin International Film Festival in February. The film's plot hews closely to the couple's real-life May-September romance.
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- Do not post sexist, racist, homophobic or other hateful and discriminatory content.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be moderated or erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in warnings followed by blacklisting upon non-compliance.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.