"Hide and Seek", a thriller by rookie director Huh Jung, has attracted over five million viewers in just 19 days.
According to its distributor, cumulative attendance for the flick hit the number early Monday afternoon.
Among past Korean thrillers, Bong Joon-ho's "Memories of Murder" sold 5.26 million tickets in 2003 and Na Hong-jin's "The Chaser" saw attendance hit 5.07 million in 2008.
As "Hide and Seek" still continues to draw moviegoers at the box office, it remains to be seen whether it will set a new attendance record in the genre.
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- Do not post sexist, racist, homophobic or other hateful and discriminatory content.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be moderated or erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in warnings followed by blacklisting upon non-compliance.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.